Play and Homework Update:
I was quite saddened to read your post Caroline about the challenge of working on your virtue project! It is certainly not my desire to burden you all. I will do my best to keep all other work to a minimum while you complete this project. I do hope you will be able to find joy and great personal pride as you express what is dear to you in your journals.
Thank you for a great day yesterday. Your pottery is amazing!!!! Some of you asked when we can get the fired pottery back. Last year it took 3 weeks because they have to schedule the kiln and then let the pottery bake for over a week! If it rains it will take longer to dry. We have an Open House on October 29th and they are trying to get it done by then if they can.
I will post the play parts and lines by Sunday morning. I had to come to Cambridge today to work on our computers with an IT expert. Good news! We now can get a signal in our classroom for the internet and the printer!!!!
As we move into the final two weeks of our unit here are the priorities:
1) Keep working on your Virtue Journals. Remember the goal is to express what is meaningful to you. We are not striving for perfection!!!
2) Keep up with the reading for Fellowship of the Ring. The good news is that the longest chapters are behind you. Now it is primarily tracking the journey from Caradhras to Moria to Lorien to the borders of Mordor! We will review chapters 4 to 6 on Monday, 7 on Tuesday, 8 on Thursday, and 9 on Friday. Do not worry if you don't get all the details. The goal is to catch the main points of the story line and see how the virtue of the characters enables them to fulfill Providence's design for them.
3) Start working on your lines and costumes once you get your parts tomorrow.
I love being on this quest with you to grasp the mystery of how God moves in people's lives to face the challenges of their day. Understanding Fellowship of the Ring and putting together your own journals is a quest! Well done! Know that there is nothing I would rather do than share this adventure with you! Mr. B
3)
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment