Saturday, March 7, 2009

Assignments for Monday

Dear Hannah and Class:

I will post the excellent search engines later this afternoon.  I apologize for forgetting to tell you them yesterday.  I so enjoy our class and always wish we had more time to do more activities.

For this weekend focus on gathering your resources.  You do not have to know at this point whether you will use them or not.  This is a first run at trying to get enough background material to be able to write an excellent research paper.  I do not want you to stress if you cannot find 10 resources by Monday.  We didn't get to do the research workshop until Thursday because of the snow day on Monday which set us back.  

I am simply trying to keep you on track so you don't get overwhelmed in writing the paper.  

Make a good faith effort on the maps but don't worry if you don't get all the countries.  The key countries are the original (1949) members of NATO (The North Atlantic Treaty Organization) which was set up to block the USSR from conquering the rest of Europe.  Then try to get the Warsaw Pact members who joined the USSR in 1955 as communist allies.

On the Europe-Asia map try to locate the USSR, China, Korea, and Vietnam.  Anything else is a bonus!

Have a great weekend enjoying this beautiful spring weather!  I will share my NY adventures on Monday!  Mr. B

No comments: